Home Page

Sunday, June 17, 2007

Barbecued Potato Packets


In yesterday's post for Lamb Shoulder Chops, I left everyone with a bit of teaser about what was contained in all of the other foil packets on the barbecue. The first two packages had the Lamb Shoulder Chops. The third packet had this potato recipe, and the last had dessert, which was a Cape Cod Apple Pudding (I will post that tomorrow).

These potato packets were good and tasty. The kids loved them, even though Marco isn't usually much of a potato fan. My Mom often used to make potato packets on the barbecue with sliced potatoes, sliced onions, salt, pepper and butter. I decided to jazz things up a bit with this recipe and so I added bacon and Parmesan.

I did make one mistake, I thought I'd be "professional-ish" and just pour the olive oil onto the potatoes straight from the bottle like the TV chefs do, you know, "and just add about a glug or two of olive oil". Issue was my olive oil bottle went glug....glug....glug glug glug..SPLAT. I have no idea how much I put on, but it was WAY too much. I think about 2 tablespoons would have done the trick.


Father's Day Poll Update: The winner of the Father's Day Poll in the side bar was Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding with 41.2% of the vote. And so I am off to the butcher to find a nice prime rib. I am also happy to report that this was Mario's preferred dinner, so he is pleased. Thanks for voting! I'll post the Father's Day Recipes sometime this week.

Barbecued Potato Packets

20 mini red potatoes
6 slices bacon, crumbled
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 red onion, sliced
2 tbsp olive oil
salt and pepper

1. Wash potatoes and cut in half. Place potatoes and remaining ingredients into foil packets.

2. Place on grill over indirect heat for 1 hour. Be careful when you are opening the packet!