Home Page

Friday, March 30, 2007

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies


Last year on Mother's Day, my son Marco brought home a mason jar filled with a homemade dry cookie mix. It was cute, the ingredients were layered in the jar and it was tied with a ribbon and instructions to add the wet ingredients. We tried the cookies at home, and they were INCREDIBLE! I had to beg the staff at Marco's daycare to write down the amounts for the dry ingredients. I have since taken these cookies to work and was bombarded with e-mails asking for the recipe. Tonight, I made them with cashews instead of pecans because that's all I had. I don't know if that makes them better, because I am not eating one - EVER (I can't eat just one), but my kids approved of the alteration. At my house cookies all have to be the same size, so there are no commotions, so I used a food scale and measured 35g of dough for each cookie. I got 30 cookies from the recipe.

Double Chocolate Chip Cookies

3/4 cup margarine, softened
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup cocoa
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup pecans
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

1. Preheat over to 350F.

2. Cream butter, egg and vanilla. Add brown and white sugars, mix well.

3. Add cocoa, flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Combine well (you will have to get your hands dirty to mix it up good).

4. Mix in the nuts and chocolate chips.

5. Roll into balls, about the size of walnuts. Place 2" apart on greased cookie sheet and bake 11-13 minutes.