Home Page

Friday, August 10, 2007

Decadent Scrambled Eggs


I am really a walking contradiction, and definitely a "do as I say, not as I do" sort of person. In other words what I say is, "you should eat a nice healthy well-balanced breakfast that is low in fat and high in fibre and protein."

What I do? Well...I make these scrambled eggs. But a word of warning - they will make your bottom look just as lumpy as the eggs in the picture (that is purely a suppostion...OF COURSE!)

The funniest part is, most of the time I will have scrambled egg beaters which have almost no fat. But then I'll be sitting there in the kitchen with my carton of egg beaters on the counter, ready to spray the no-fat cooking spray into the griddle to scramble them up. Then something takes a hold of me... it's something evil, and nasty. It speaks to me from within, in a deep echoey Vincent Price sort of voice.... "Jaaaaanet.... you neeeed to add creeeeam, and loooots of buttter...."

Then I realize that my problems run much deeper than a lumpy bottom, so I make the eggs anyway.

This recipe is from Bill Granger, and no you didn't misread it, there is 1/3 cup of heavy cream per heavy bottom serving.


Scrambled Eggs
per person

2 eggs
1/3 cup heavy cream
pinch salt
1/2 tbsp butter

1. Whisk together the eggs, cream and salt.

2. Heat butter in a non-stick frying pan, over high heat.

3. Pour in egg mixture, and once it starts to set, begin to gently fold the eggs towrds the middle of the pan.

4. Remove the eggs when they are just set.