Home Page

Saturday, July 28, 2007

Blogging by Mail


Well everyone, I now have it on very good authority that I am genius! If you doubt me, please go and see for yourself on Graeme's Blog, Blood Sugar.

Let me explain...about a month ago I discovered for the first time a neat little blogging event called Blogging by Mail. This event is hosted by Stephanie (a fellow genius, in my opinion) over at Dispensing Happiness. The idea behind Stephanie's event is that everyone signs up to send and receive a secret stash of goodies by mail. So Stephanie sent me an e-mail with a link to Graeme's blog and his mailing address. My task was to put together a little stash of treats for Graeme that would include some of my favorite things. Graeme has now received my package and he had posted about it on his site.


It wasn't easy thinking of good things to include, but here is what I came up with:

1. A Cookbook. A collection of Pumpkin and Squash recipes from various Canadian Chefs.
2. A little photo album with a collection of some of my favorite recipes and photos.
3. A picture of my family and a picture from Newfoundland (where I come from)
4. A bottle of Maple Syrup
5. Some Maple Sugar
6. Smoked Sockeye Salmon
7. A package of Summer Savoury
8. A pewter magnet that says "Ottawa"
9. A maple leaf shaped cookie cutter
10. A bag of Clodhopper chocolates

I completely forgot to take pictures of my package before I shipped it, so these ones that I posted here today are courtesy of Graeme, who is a photography student at the University of Lincoln. Please visit his site, Blood Sugar, to see the rest of the fun pictures he took of my package as well as some of his other fantastic posts.


This was a great blogging event, and now all I have to do is sit back and wait for MY package to arrive. I am so excited... I wonder where/who it will come from?