Home Page

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Grilled Garlic Shrimp


I wanted to have shrimp for dinner Tuesday night, and I wanted to try something new. I was hampered by a serious lack of ingredients at home because we were away last weekend and are going away again next weekend so I didn't make my usual insane 2-cart-load trip to the grocery store.

Considering I didn't have much on hand, this dinner turned out quite nicely. I wanted to grill the shrimp on the barbecue in the grill basket, but we discovered that we were out of charcoal. So...onto Plan B...everything came in the house and went under the broiler instead. I had envisioned that the breadcrumbs I mixed in with the shrimp would get crunchy but they didn't. They were still delicious, but maybe on the barbecue they would have browned better.

Pictured with the shrimp are tomatoes and onions that I brushed with olive oil and seasoned with salt and pepper before broiling. The spinach vermicelli is tossed with a tiny bit of butter, Parmesan, garlic, lemon and pepper.

Grilled Garlic Shrimp

30 raw shrimp, peeled
2 cloves garlic
1 tbsp olive oil
1/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
2 tbsp cilantro
2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1/4 tsp paprika
salt and pepper

1. Toss all ingredients with the raw shrimp.

2. Spread on a broiler pan and broil for about 2 minutes per side.