I got this recipe a few months back from my Mom, who in turn got it from a friend of hers. It is a really nice refreshing change to your typical Mexican Layered dip. Chances are, if you bring this to a party, there won't be anyone else there who brought the same thing.
The dip in the picture was actually made by my Mom who served it with some thin crackers. The recipe calls for some coconut to be sprinkled over the top, but my Mom left it off because Mario doesn't like coconut (I'm not usually so nice to him). Claire and Marco didn't even try a bite (not a huge shock) but that was OK, because usually even a few bites of some sort of appetizer before dinner will spoil their appetites.
Mango Chutney and Curry Cheese Dip
1 8 oz package cream cheese, softened
1 cup cheddar
1 tsp curry powder
1/2 jar of peach jam
1/2 jar of mango chutney
shredded unsweetened coconut
1. Mix cream cheese with curry. Stir in the cheddar.
2. Spread on the bottom of a large plate or serving dish.
3. Mix together the peach jam and mango chutney. Spread over cheese.
4. Sprinkle with almonds, green onion and coconut.
5. Chill. Remove from fridge about 30 minutes before you want to serve, or else it will be a little hard and you will keep breaking your crackers.