I think you can pretty much divide most people into two camps. Crepe people and pancake people. I grew up on pancakes and never had crepes until I was dating Mario, whose Mom always makes them. But to be honest, I still prefer a nice fluffy pancake that soaks up the maple syrup like a sponge.
One thing I really do adore though, is stuffed crepes. I stuffed these ones with scrambled eggs, bacon, and a little bit of cheese sauce. My trick is to whip half of the egg whites to create a lot more volume in the eggs, so the crepes aren't too skinny.
I will include my regular crepe recipe here, but it makes about 12-14 crepes (depending on how big you make them). You will only need one crepe per person for these scrambled egg crepes, but there are so many uses for leftovers. You can reheat the crepes for breakfast the following morning. You can stuff them with something for dinner. You can make my Crepe Appetizer. Or you can make soup, like the one that Nicky at delicious:days made (and which is high on my growing list of things to try).
Crepes Stuffed with Scrambled Eggs and Bacon
1 cup flour
1 1/2 cup milk
3 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
1 tsp salt
salt and pepper
4 slices bacon
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup grated cheddar
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
1. Make Crepes: mix flour and salt. Add milk, eggs and butter. Beat with a hand mixer for 2 minutes until very smooth. Let batter rest 30 minutes before making crepes.
2. Heat non-stick skillet and brush with a small amount of oil. Remove pan from heat, pour batter in middle all at once and twirl the pan with your wrist. Once spread, return pan to heat. Cook on the first side until the edges start to get golden. Flip and cook another minute on the second side. Make all the crepes, stacking on a warm plate (cover with foil to keep warm).
3. While you are making the crepes, cook the bacon. Use your usual method or place strips on a foil lined baking sheet and bake for about 20 minutes at 350F (longer for crispy bacon).
4. Make Cheese Sauce: In a small saucepan melt 1 tbsp of butter and stir in 1 tbsp flour. Stir in milk and whisk over med-high heat until thickened. Stir in grated cheese until melted. Keep warm.
5. Make Scrambled Eggs: To increase the volume of the scrambled eggs separate 4 of the eggs and whip the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form.
6. Beat the 4 egg yolks together with the remaining 4 whole eggs and then fold in the egg whites. Scramble over medium-low heat, do not over stir just gently move the eggs around the pan as they begin to set. Cook until set, but still moist.
7. Assemble the crepes: On each plate, lay out a warm crepe, place a strip of bacon down the center. Spoon 1/4 of scrambled eggs over bacon, and top with a small spoonful of cheese sauce. Roll crepe. Drizzle a small amount of cheese sauce on the top of the crepe.