Home Page

Friday, May 18, 2007

Toasted Waffle Pudding


I love bread puddings, it is one of my favorite dishes, and you can make it with almost anything.... I've made sweet bread puddings and savoury bread puddings. In the past, I've tried bread puddings with regular bread (crumbs, whole slices or cubes), bread crusts, raisin bread, banana bread, croissants, doughnuts.... and now I can add "Frozen Waffles" to that list. I'm not sure what made me think of this, but it was pretty tasty. I did do a google search for Waffle Bread Pudding, and I can see that I'm not the only one whose ever thought of this - there is a recipe on the Kellogg's website, although I didn't follow that one because bread pudding is one of those things I just don't need a recipe for.

Toasted Waffle Pudding

8 plain Frozen Waffles, toasted and cut in half
1/4 cup chocolate chips
3 cups milk
3 eggs, beaten
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup sugar
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla

1. Arrange waffles "artfully" in a 9" x 9" greased baking dish. Sprinkle with chocolate chips.

2. Mix milk, egg, syrup, sugar, cinnamon and vanilla. Pour over waffles and let soak for about 15 minutes.

3. Bake at 350F for about an hour, until golden brown on top and the pudding is set.

4. Serve warm with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. (It's best if you let it sit for 10-15 minutes before serving to firm up, and if anything, its even better leftover).