Home Page

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Banana and Raspberry Muffins


Yes, I know... these are just plain old banana muffins, and I'm sure everyone already has a favorite banana muffin recipe, and you really don't need to see mine. But I think these ones are worth a try. Hey, I might even convert a few people to MY banana muffin recipe. What makes these ones so good is the raspberries. The tartness of the raspberries with the sweet banana is truly heavenly. Served warm with butter.... oh gosh, I'll be right back....

Claire will only eat these muffins if they also have chocolate chips in them. That doesn't really make sense to me, if you like Banana Raspberry muffins WITH chocolate chips, shouldn't you also like them without? Who knows. We're having a bit of a stand-off, I'm not putting anymore chocolate chips in these muffins. Stay tuned to see who cracks first.

Banana Raspberry Muffing (without Chocolate Chips)
makes 12 good size muffins

2 1/4 cups flour
3/4 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup oil
1 medium ripe banana, mashed
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 cup raspberries fresh or frozen (I don't waste fresh on muffins!)

1. Mix flour baking powder, sugar, and salt.

2. Mix milk, oil, banana, egg and vanilla.

3. Mix wet ingredients into dry ingredients. Don't overstir.

4. Stir in raspberries. Spoon into greased muffin tin.

5. Bake 20-25 minutes at 375°F.