Home Page

Thursday, June 21, 2007

Muskoka Cookies


I made a batch of these cookies a couple of days ago and brought half of them into work, and sent the other half to Mario's work. I was so anxious to get them OUT of the house (so I wouldn't eat them all) that I actually forgot to leave any at home for the kids.

I felt a little bad about that, because it is one of their favorites, so last night I started pulling out all the ingredients to make another batch. While I was doing that, I also had dinner on the go, and I guess I wasn't paying that much attention to the kids. Marco walked into the kitchen....


Yes folks that was permanent marker.... sorry buddy no cookies for you! So I put the ingredients back away, and decided to put on EXTRA vegetables for dinner instead!

Muskoka Cookies
from the May 2003 issue of Today's Parent Magazine

4 cups quick oats
2 cups brown sugar
1 cup butter
1 cup chocolate chips

1. In a large microwave safe bowl (or a saucepan) melt the butter.

2. Stir in the brown sugar until melted.

3. Stir in the oats until coated, and then stir in the chocolate chips.

4. Press the mixture down into a greased 11"x16" cookie sheet with a 1/2" lip. Press until well packed and even.

5. Bake at 375°F for about 10-12 minutes until edges start to brown and mixture is bubbly. Let cool and cut into squares.