Home Page

Monday, June 11, 2007

Berry and Yoghurt Parfait


Prince Harry is in love with me.

That's right! This past week I was in Calgary for work. Some friends and I visited a local bar called Cowboys, we had a blast and danced the night away. The next night, Thursday, we decided to go back again. We walked in and the crowd just felt completely different. There didn't seem to be a person in there over about 18, and we could barely move, let alone get on the dance floor. Compared to the other girls in the bar, I felt completely over-dressed (and by that I meant, I was wearing clothes).

We ended up having one drink and then moving on to another bar. The next morning we woke up to the news that Prince Harry had been at Cowboys the night before! Crap, I can't believe I didn't see him! I decided it was close enough, so for the rest of the week, I've been telling people that I met Prince Harry and he wanted to whisk me away in his private jet. But I had to say no, because I was only in Calgary for a few days, and I had yet to fulfill my lifelong dream of riding a mechanical bull.

Since I was away, I have very nearly worked through my entire backlog of draft posts, and believe it or not I have very little to post this morning. This Berry and Yoghurt Parfait was something that I must have made and took pictures of more than a month ago, but never posted, because I wasn't sure it was 'blog worthy'. So I hope everyone will give me a one day break, while I reaquaint myself with my kitchen.

I'm not sure you can really even call this a recipe.... its more like "assembly instructions". I did make my own granola topping, but often I just use store bought granola. This also makes a great breakfast.

Berry and Yoghurt Parfait

1 pint fresh berries (I used blueberries and blackberries)
500ml container of vanilla yoghurt (fat free, if you like)

Granola topping:
1 cup old fashioned oats
2 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp honey
1 tbsp oil

1. Mix ingredients for granola topping and spread on cookie sheet. Bake at 300°F for 30-40 minutes until golden brown (stir every 10 minutes).

2. Layer berries and yoghurt in a parfait glass.

3. Top with granola.