Home Page

Saturday, June 9, 2007

Chicken and Bacon Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo


This isn't really anything spectacular, it is quite frankly just a sandwich. I have always adored sandwiches, preferably with loads of mayo, cheese, tomato, lettuce and real meat (e.g. slices of actual roast chicken or beef rather than slimy deli meats).

Making sandwiches is a very personal thing, I would never ever let Mario make a sandwich for me. He would do something wrong for sure (not that he isn't capable, he is a civil engineer so he could probably assemble a sandwich, just not one to my liking). Strangely, Mario has no problems letting me make sandwiches for him, but I think this is more a factor of laziness than anything else. I do notice that on those occasions where I put all the sandwich fillings and bread and condiments out on the table for a "make your own sandwich" sort of meal, Mario's format differs significantly from mine.

The only other person who can make a sandwich just right is my Mom.

Chicken and Bacon Sandwich with Cranberry Mayo
makes 2 sandwiches

4 slices of walnut bread (or any nice multigrain bread)
2 slices swiss cheese
3 slices of cooked bacon, cut in half
1 tomato, sliced
lettuce
1 cooked chicken breast, sliced

Cranberry Mayo:
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 tbsp cranberry sauce

1. Mix together the cranberry sauce and the mayonnaise. I prefer the smooth cranberry sauce, but the sauce with whole cranberries would work also.

2. Spread cranberry mayo on each of the four slices of bread. On two of the slices place chicken breast, 3 half strip on bacon, swiss cheese, lettuce and tomato. Close the sandwich and slice.