Home Page

Friday, June 8, 2007

Chili Cumin Pork Tenderloin


We eat a lot of pork tenderloin, especially in BBQ season. It is lean and healthy. It is quick to cook, even on a weeknight. You can buy them in packs of three, and one tenderloin is still enough to feed our whole family.

I tend to switch up what I do with the pork a lot. I've never really settled on one or two favorite recipes. I'm always looking for something we haven't tried that is tasty, doesn't have too much added fat and will keep the pork nice and moist.

This is a dry spice rub that I tried out for the first time on the BBQ. It had a nice flavour. We had leftover pork and made pork sandwiches the next day for lunch, but I didn't really enjoy the flavour of these spices in a sandwich too much.

Chili Cumin Pork Tenderloin

1 Tbsp chili powder
1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 tsp salt

1. Mix spices together and rub generously all over pork.

2. Let the pork sit for about 30 minutes.

3. Grill pork on BBQ for 20-25 minutes, or until desired doneness.