Home Page

Friday, June 29, 2007

Olive Cheese Bread


It seems like my biggest challenge lately with posting my recipes has been competing with my 7 year old, Claire, for computer time. Anyone ever heard of Webkinz? Well Webkinz World is sort of like Facebook for kids. Claire is standing over my shoulder right now, rushing me, so she can get back on the computer.

The recipe that I am posting today, was something we had on the side with our dinner last weekend (you can see it in the background of my Chicken Orzo picture). It was so good.

I got this recipe from a blog called The Pioneer Woman Cooks. It is a fantastic site, but don't go there if you are on a diet! Seriously, you should check it out, it is funny and there are step by step photo instructions for this recipe.

I adjusted the amounts slightly so I could reflect them in "cups" instead of "cans" (I always have trouble with recipes from the US that call for a 6oz can of something, since in Canada that would be ??ml)

Claire just asked me to type out "it was yucky", but I would urge you to try it for yourself first!


Olive Cheese Bread

1 loaf french or italian bread
1 cup chopped pimento stuffed olives
1 cup chopped black olives
2 green onions
2 cups grated Monterrey Jack Cheese
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/2 cup butter, softened

1. Roughly chop the olives and green onions. Mix with grated cheese, mayonnaise and butter.

2. Slice the bread in half lengthwise and half pile the mixture on top of each half of the loaf.

3. Bake at 325°F for about 25 minutes, until melted and started to brown on top. Cut into slices and serve.

4. This is really filling, so you may only need half the loaf, the other half can be wrapped and frozen (before you bake it) for later.




P.S. Thanks to everyone that voted in my "Should Janet be allowed to drive the new car" poll. There were 193 votes cast and I won with 64%!!